Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Testing Web Apps on Blackberry

I recently made a simplified web version of my Android application Colombo Stock Trades V4. You can see the web version here. I tested it on android emulator, iphone simulator and my old stupid(aka. non smart) nokia phone. So the only thing left to do was to test it on blackberry. Therefore I set about installing the BB simulator and below are the steps I followed (this was on a Windows 7 PC) .

In order to test a web app on a blackberry simulator..

Step 1:

Download the blackberry simulator and the Email and MDS services simulator package from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=060AD92489947D410D897474079C1477 .

Step 2:
Install both. First start the MDS and then the emulator (it is important that you follow this order).

Step3:

Now you can browse your web app on your simulator.


No comments:

Post a Comment